Wednesday, August 17, 2011

McFeast

My blog usually runs behind and most of the time my posts are backdated.  As of today, it is up to date, relevant to all current affairs and political matters.  This is great timing because I am pleased to announce *drum rolllllllllll*  The McFeast is back on the menu!  *clapclapclapclapclap*
I try not to make a habit of eating McDonalds, but you know, I do have my days of weakness.  The McFeast was my favourite burger from Macca's and had been my default order since I was about 10 years old.  I use the past tense because it was removed from the permanent menu a few years ago.  I'm not saying everyone NEEDS to try this burger because when it comes down to it, a McFeast is just a Quarter Pounder with lettuce and tomato.  I didn't even mind that they revamped it in the mid-late 1990s with a new name - McFeast Deluxe - and added a mayonnaise-y sauce.  

I was distraught when I walked into McDonalds, in I dunno 2007 (??) and asked for the McFeast, only to be told it had been replaced by the McOz?!?!  The McOz itself has since been discontinued.  It was ok, but it didn't have a tomato and it wasn't a McFeast.  I think that is what won me over - the tomato.  I have since eaten the tomato-inclusive McAngus burgers, but it's not quite the same.  

However, every so often, Macca's will put the McFeast temporarily back on the menu and today is that day.  MCFEAST LOVERS OF THE WORLD, UNITE!  Enjoy it while it lasts.  

7 comments:

J said...

hahahaha i loved the mcfeast as well. And McOz!!! And McEgg (but only available in Malaysia)! hahahaha yummmmm...

Pooey said...

mmmm.... I would like to try a McEgg!

Lynnie said...

I haven't seen you this happy since.....the mcfeast last made a temporary come back!!

SuBoo said...

I want the McFeast Deluxe back! None in Hongkers but 18 nuggets cost 18HKD - that's 3AUD hehe

Pooey said...

Lynnie - I am disappointed you didn't send me a sms alerting me about the McFeast's return like how you did last time. *tsk tsk*

Suboo - Why don't Maccas bring it back?!?! So many ppl love it! 18 nuggest for $3.. wtf

KH said...

$1 cheesebuger... mmm... tasty... limit 4 per customer though.

Lynnie said...

4 per customer! lol. Soooo........I'll get 4 and then danny can get 4. haha